Wildlife Toxicology: Emerging Contaminant and Biodiversity Issues eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
Through a biophysical approach, Electromagnetic Fields in Biology and Medicine provides state-of-the-art knowledge on both the biological and therapeutic effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs). The reader is guided through explanations of general problems related to the benefits and hazards of EMFs, step-by-step engineering processes, and basic results obtained from laboratory and clinical trials.
Basic biological mechanisms reviewed by several authors lead to an understanding of the effects of EMFs on microcirculation as well as on immune and anti-inflammatory responses. Based upon investigational mechanisms for achieving potential health benefits, various EMF medical applications used around the world are presented. These include the frequent use of EMFs in wound healing and cartilage/bone repair as well as use of EMFs in pain control and inhibition of cancer growth.
Final chapters cover the potential of using the novel biophysical methods of electroporation and nanoelectroporation in electrochemotherapy, gene therapy, and nonthermal ablation. Also covered is the treatment of tendon injuries in animals and humans. This book is an invaluable tool for scientists, clinicians, and medical and engineering students.