Friedrich A. Hayek is regarded as one of the preeminent social theorists of the twentieth century as much for his work outside of economics as for his work within it. During a career spanning several decades, he made contributions in fields as diverse as psychology, political philosophy, the history of ideas, and the methodology of the social sciences. Bruce Caldwell—editor of The Collected Works of F. A. Hayek—understands Hayek’s thought like few others, and with this book he offers us the first full intellectual biography of this pivotal economic theorist.As Hayek’s ideas matured, he became increasingly critical of developments within mainstream economics; his works evolved in striking—and sometimes seemingly contradictory—ways. Caldwell is ideally suited to explain the complex evolution of Hayek’s thought, and his analysis here is nothing short of brilliant, impressively situating Hayek in a broader intellectual context, unpacking the often difficult turns in his thinking, and showing how his economic ideas came to inform his ideas on the other social sciences.”Hayek is fortunate in his biographer. Hayek’s Challenge is a success, and Caldwell proves himself capable of presenting Hayek’s ideas—in all fields—with both depth and clarity. . . . Hayek’s challenge is worth remembering, and Bruce Caldwell has done a great service by reminding us of it.”—Jason Steorts, National Review”Bruce Caldwell’s intellectual biography of the great Austrian is a wonderful work.”—Richard D. North, Independent (UK)
The Clinical Thinking of Wilfred Bion (Makers of Modern Psychotherapy) eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!