Stranger and Friend: The Way of an Anthropologist eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
This collection addresses the theme of representation in anthropology. Its fourteen articles explore some of the directions in which contemporary anthropology is moving, following the questions raised by the ”writing culture” debates of the 1980s. It includes discussion of issues such as: * the concept of caste in Indian society * scottish ethnography * how dreams are culturally conceptualised * representations of the family * culture as conservation * gardens, theme parks and the anthropologist in Japan * representation in rural Japan * people’s place in the landscape of Northern Australia * representing identity of the New Zealand Maori.