Project manager competency development framework eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
This is the first practice standard that the Project Management Institute (PMIВ®) has developed to complement and elaborate on the information contained in its de facto global standard for the profession, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKВ® Guide) вЂ“ 2000 Edition. It provides guidance and universal principles for the initial generation, subsequent development, and application of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Successful project management uses planning techniques to define the project objectives in sufficient detail to support effective management of the project. The WBS provides the foundation for defining work as it relates to project objectives and establishes the structure for managing the work to its completion. Each descending level of a WBS represents an increasingly detailed definition of the project work.
This PMI standard provides an introduction to the WBS concept, defines the WBS and its characteristics, discusses the benefits of using a WBS, and demonstrates how to build a WBS and determine if it is sufficient for subsequent planning and control. A unique feature of this handbook is the inclusion of 11 industry-specific WBS examples. Constituting over half of the book, these examples aid the reader in further understanding, creating, and using WBSs in the following industries or applications:
-Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical (OGP) -Environmental Management -Process Improvement -Pharmaceutical -Process Plant Construction
-Service Industry Outsourcing -Web Design -Telecommunications -Refinery Turnaround -Government Design-Bid-Build -Software Implementation
Examples are in different stages of completion and represent the evolutionary development of a WBS. None of the examples should be taken as the only right WBS for that type of project. This is the first-of-its-kind Practice Standard from the worldвЂ™s largest professional association for project management. It will enable project managers, project team leaders, contract personnel, and others interested in managing any aspect of a project to prepare a useful and high quality Work Breakdown Structure.