Programming Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, SQS, FPS, and SimpleDB eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
As others have already pointed out, the book contains a lot of sound advice that may not be ground-breaking for advanced programmers, but is useful for just about everybody.
Overall, the most useful aspect of the book is that it quantifies all of the optimizations that it proposes. I don’t feel like designing test-cases to profile every single loop that I write. I also want to avoid premature optimization, because we know how bad that can be. Once you have assimilated Zakas’ book, a lot of these little, day-to-day decisions will just come naturally: what kind of loop to use where, whether you should use a timer for some lengthy calculation, etc.