Managing Project Risk: Business Risk Management for Project Leaders eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
The history of public personnel administration is as old as human civilization itself: Persia, China, Assyria, Egypt, and Rome all practiced strategic personnel management systems, some systematically and others unsystematically. But despite the longstanding practice of strategic public personnel administration, the systematic study of this field is a fairly new development in the modern world. Today, the need for strategic thinking in public personnel administration and human capital development is more urgent than ever before. Managing and coping with the challenges of transworld migrations of capital and labor, cyber-employment and virtual workplaces, and relentless global pressures for results-oriented performance through outsourcing all require the development of human capital as a key asset of modern governments and private organizations. Governments and public administration organizations must confront these challenges if they are to survive and thrive in the 21st century, and Strategic Public Personnel Administration provides a comprehensive analysis of the past development and current function of the field so as to give a clearly balanced picture of public personnel administration in both theory and practice.
Today, strategic public personnel management is a central component of strategic governance and administration in public and nonprofit organizations. Strategic personnel administration aims to lead organizations along the right paths with the necessary people on hand to achieve strategic goals and objectives in modern governance and public administration. This two-volume set fills a major gap in the current literature, and it will serve as a key work that addresses the history, knowledge, policy, management, process, and culture of public personnel administration with a strategic perspective.