This is today’s indispensable introduction to supply chain management for today’s students and tomorrow’s managers – not yesterday’s! Prof. Hokey Min focuses on modern business strategies and applications – transcending obsolete logistics- and purchasing-driven approaches still found in many competitive books.
Focusing on outcomes throughout, The Essentials of Supply Chain Management shows how to achieve continuous organizational success by applying modern supply chain concepts. Reflecting his extensive recent experience working with leading executives and managers, Min teaches highly-effective methods for supply chain thinking and problem-solving. You’ll master an integrated Total System Approach that places functions like inventory control and transportation squarely in context, helping you smoothly integrate internal and external functions, and establish effective inter-firm cooperation and strategic alliances across complex supply chains. Coverage includes:
- Understanding modern sourcing, logistics, operations, sales, and marketing – and how they fit together
- Using modern supply chain methods to improve customer satisfaction and quality
- Working with cutting-edge supply chain technology and metrics
- Moving towards greater sustainability and more effective risk management
- Working with core analytical tools to evaluate supply chain practices and measure performance
- Legal, ethical, cultural, and environmental/sustainability aspects of modern supply chain operations
- How to build a career in global supply chain management
The Essentials of Supply Chain Management will be an indispensable resource for all graduate and undergraduate students in supply chain management, and for every practitioner pursuing professional certification or executive education in the field.
There are no reviews yet.