Widespread awareness of emerging infectious diseases and global environmental change makes the ecological perspective of this premier teaching text for medical anthropology as relevant as ever. Integrating biocultural, environmental, and evolutionary approaches to the study of human health, this fifth edition is now thoroughly revised to reflect new developments in the field. Research by human biologists and paleopathologists illuminates the history and prehistory of disease, while the work of cultural and applied anthropologists addresses contemporary health issues. The fifth edition features five new profiles by guest contributors, all leading researchers on health and environment. New topics include community health and disease prevention in urban America; water-borne disease in Ecuador; iodine deficiency in the Himalaya; stress and demographic change in northern Siberia; and participatory action research in Costa Rica. Also included is updated and expanded consideration of refugee health, global aspects of HIV/AIDS, and careers in applied medical anthropology.
Fair Trade and a Global Commodity: Coffee in Costa Rica (Anthropology, Culture and Society) eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
- Caution: You’re going to buy a digital copy (in PDF or EPUB format), not a paper book, access code or audiobook.
- The download link will be automatically sent to your email immediately after purchase.