ESP8266 Internet of Things Cookbook: Over 50 recipes to help you master ESP8266 functionality eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
• Leverage the ESP8266’s on-board processing and storage capability
• Get hand- on experience of working on the ESP8266 Arduino Core and its various libraries
• A practical and enticing recipe-based book that will teach you how to make your environment smart using the ESP8266
The ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module is a self contained System on Chip (SOC) with an integrated TCP/IP protocol stack and can give any microcontroller access to your Wi-fi network. It is capable of either hosting an application or offloading all Wi-fi networking functions from another application processor.
This book contains practical recipes that will help you master all ESP8266 functionalities. You will start by configuring and customizing the chip in line with your requirements. Then you will focus on core topics such as on-board processing, sensors, GPIOs, programming, networking, integration with external components, and so on. We will also teach you how to leverage Arduino using the ESP8266 and you’ll learn about its libraries, file system, OTA updates, and so on. The book also provide recipes on web servers, testing, connecting with the cloud, and troubleshooting techniques. Programming aspects include MicroPython and how to leverage it to get started with the ESP8266. Towards the end, we will use these concepts and create an interesting project (IOT).
By the end of the book, readers will be proficient enough to use the ESP8266 board efficiently.
What you will learn
• Measure data from a digital temperature and humidity sensor using the ESP8266
• Explore advanced ESP8266 functionalities
• Control devices from anywhere in the world using MicroPython
• Troubleshoot issues with cloud data monitoring
• Tweet data from the Arduino board
• Build a cloud-connected power-switch with the ESP8266
• Create an ESP8266 robot controlled from the cloud
About the Author
Marco Schwartz is an electrical engineer, entrepreneur, and blogger. He has a master’s degree in electrical engineering and computer science from Supelec, France, and a master’s degree in micro engineering from the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
He has more than five years’ experience working in the domain of electrical engineering. Marco’s interests center around electronics, home automation, the Arduino and Raspberry Pi platforms, open source hardware projects, and 3D printing. He has several websites about the Arduino, including the Open Home Automation website, which is dedicated to building home automation systems using open source hardware.
Marco has written another book on home automation and the Arduino, called Home Automation With Arduino: Automate Your Home Using Open-source Hardware. He has also written a book on how to build Internet of Things projects with the Arduino, called Internet of Things with the Arduino Yun, by Packt Publishing.