This work takes a serious look at social scientific explanations for the persistence of religion. Psychologist, Robert Hinde, offers a major study from the perspective of both the social and the biological sciences on the role of religion in human society. He explores why religions have played such a major role in the lives of individuals and in the integration of societies, and probes why it is that if most basic religious beliefs are clearly incompatible with modern scientific knowledge, the majority of people in western countries still see themselves as believers. He demonstrates that answers to these sorts of questions are the ultimate challenge to Darwinism. The text seeks to tackle a complex problem in a straightforward way which students should find understandable. Hinde provides chapter summaries, multiple sections within each chapter, and draws from examples from a wide range of religions. The text offers a holistic approach to understanding the persistence of religion, our relationship and behaviour to religion, and evolutionary theory.
Erfolgsfaktoren einer E-Commerce-Website: Empirische Identifikation vertrauensfordernder Signale im Internet-Einzelhandel eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!