Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins: Delivering software at scale eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
nUnleash the combination of Docker and Jenkins in order to enhance the DevOps workflow
• Build reliable and secure applications using Docker containers.
• Create a complete Continuous Delivery pipeline using Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible.
• Deliver your applications directly on the Docker Swarm cluster.
• Create more complex solutions using multi-containers and database migrations.
The combination of Docker and Jenkins improves your Continuous Delivery pipeline using fewer resources. It also helps you scale up your builds, automate tasks and speed up Jenkins performance with the benefits of Docker containerization.
This book will explain the advantages of combining Jenkins and Docker to improve the continuous integration and delivery process of app development. It will start with setting up a Docker server and configuring Jenkins on it. It will then provide steps to build applications on Docker files and integrate them with Jenkins using continuous delivery processes such as continuous integration, automated acceptance testing, and configuration management.
Moving on you will learn how to ensure quick application deployment with Docker containers along with scaling Jenkins using Docker Swarm. Next, you will get to know how to deploy applications using Docker images and testing them with Jenkins.
By the end of the book, you will be enhancing the DevOps workflow by integrating the functionalities of Docker and Jenkins.
What you will learn
• Get to grips with docker fundamentals and how to dockerize an application for the Continuous Delivery process
• Configure Jenkins and scale it using Docker-based agents
• Understand the principles and the technical aspects of a successful Continuous Delivery pipeline
• Create a complete Continuous Delivery process using modern tools: Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible
• Write acceptance tests using Cucumber and run them in the Docker ecosystem using Jenkins
• Create multi-container applications using Docker Compose
• Managing database changes inside the Continuous Delivery process and understand effective frameworks such as Cucumber and Flyweight
• Build clustering applications with Jenkins using Docker Swarm
• Publish a built Docker image to a Docker Registry and deploy cycles of Jenkins pipelines using community best practices