Churchill’s Pocketbook of Intensive Care eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
This definitive reference work describes in detail the enzyme systems that participate in the metabolism of xenobiotics, particularly medicinal drugs. Each chapter focuses on a specific enzyme system, emphasising its role in the activation and detoxication of chemicals. Aspects discussed critically include: enzyme function in the metabolism and bioactivation of xenobiotics substrate specificity tissue distribution species distribution (to include laboratory animals and humans) hormonal regulation sex differences modulation by prior exposure to other chemicals age-dependent expression pharmacogenetics and modulation by disease. Enzyme Systems that Metabolise Drugs and Other Xenobiotics will be essential reading for industrial research scientists working in the fine chemicals and pharmaceutical industries, especially those concerned with the safety evaluation of chemicals, and investigating their metabolism, pharmacokinetic characteristics and toxicological properties. The nature and scope of the book will also make it attractive to the research toxicologist and to postgraduate students studying toxicology, as well as to clinicians and pharmacists.