Careers in anthropology, archaeology: discovering the hidden secrets of ancient civilizations eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
What do we actually mean when we say that something smells of fresh paint? Or frying bacon? And what does five o clock in the morning smell like?
Inspired by unsettlingly synaesthesic questions put to him by his son (a musical genius who has autism) Barney Shaw looks into the science of smell: peering behind its sensory nature to discover its complexities, and finding beauty in its processes.
Shaw’s popular science debut is an investigation into the biology, psychology and history of smell. It’s also a search for effective ways to describe the kinds of smell we instantly relate to, but find strangely ineffable, and will include a 200-item thesaurus of succinct descriptions of common smells.
Journeying around boatyards, perfume shops and memories, Barney Shaw opens your nose, breaking down the “chords” of smells into component notes and revealing new ways of understanding the world around us.