Cardiac Problems in Pregnancy eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
During the last decades progress has been made in the treatment of patients who survived myocardial infarction. Nevertheless, patients who survive an acute myocardial infarction are at high risk, with life expectancy half that of their peers who have not experienced similar events, and with increased risk for subsequent cardiovascular events and death. The risk of sudden death increases with severity of systolic dysfunction after myocardial infarction. In recent years, it has become clear that in addition to risk factors such as overweight, lack of exercise, smoking, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia, psychosocial factors play a key role for prognosis in patients with myocardial infarction. Therefore, there is high medical need for drugs which lower the incidence of sudden death and have an effect on other risk factors such as depression. OMACOR?‚?®, a pharmaceutical preparation of highly purified and concentrated Omega-3 polyunsaturated acids, may present such a drug. It lowers the incidence of sudden death in patients with myocardial infarction and decreases depression. This publication focuses on the effect of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on different risk factors in patients with cardiovascular disease. In addition, aspects of prevention of cardiovascular disease, risk factors and pharmacokinetics of Omega-3 fatty acids ethyl esters are considered.IOS Press is an international science, technical and medical publisher of high-quality books for academics, scientists, and professionals in all fields. Some of the areas we publish in: -Biomedicine -Oncology -Artificial intelligence -Databases and information systems -Maritime engineering -Nanotechnology -Geoengineering -All aspects of physics -E-governance -E-commerce -The knowledge economy -Urban studies -Arms control -Understanding and responding to terrorism -Medical informatics -Computer Sciences