Appetites and Identities: An Introduction to the Social Anthropology of Western Europe eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
Other Cultures” provides a lucid introduction to the relatively new field of social anthropology. The author devotes the first part of the book to a consideration of what social anthropology is and seeks to do, what areas it covers, and the methods of investigation employed by social anthropologists.
The second part discusses the major categories of research through which social anthropologies have advanced our knowledge of other cultures. These include marriage, kinship, political organization, law, economic and property relations, magic, religion, and social change. The final chapter surveys some of the contributions social anthropology has made to the understanding of other cultures. A short reading list follows each chapter.
”Other Cultures” will be valuable as a text or as supplementary reading for introductory courses in Anthropology, especially Social and Cultural Anthropology.