Islam Obscured: The Rhetoric of Anthropological Representation eBook
- Delivery: Can be download immediately after purchasing. For new customer, we need process for verification from 30 mins to 24 hours.
- Version: PDF/EPUB. If you need another version, please Contact us
- Quality: Full page, full content, high quality images, searchable text and you can print it.
- Compatible Devices: Can be read on any devices (Kindle, NOOK, Android/IOS devices, Windows, MAC,..).
- e-Book Features: Purchase and read your book immediately, access your eTextbook anytime and anywhere, unlimited download and share with friends.
- Note: If you do not receive the download link within 15 minutes of your purchase, please Contact us. Thank you!
Homes are defined by smells, sounds, textures and objects, all of which reflect how people live their everyday lives. From spray-painting the wall to relaxing in the bath, the products we use speak volumes about who we are. Home Truths explores material and sensory spaces of the home to uncover how gender roles are performed. Sarah Pink shows how everyday items ranging from perfumes to soap powder imprint and reinforce daily experiences and identity. How has the home been affected by the fact that more women now work and more men spend time engaged in domestic tasks? How do more traditional family-centered homes compare with those belonging to diverse family forms and people living alone? What does a study of domestic gender tell us about how change occurs? Answering these questions and many more, Home Truths shows how everyday activities can be deeply revealing of gender roles in the twenty first century.